Little Boo has collected quite a few hair-bows in the three years that she has been born. Most of her hair clips were actually the same that I wore when I was her age. All the others are those that we have bought or were given to us. Needless to say we needed to find a way to organize them. I also wanted to make sure it was something that she could easily use.
To make the Picture Frame Hair-bow Organizer, all you will need is:
- A picture frame. We used a 11′” by 14 ” white picture frame.
- Two (2) rolls of ribbon in different colors. We used 1″ ribbon. Also make sure that it is not the silky or sheer ribbon. The firmer ribbon works the best.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Picture Hanger Hook
Making the picture frame hairbow organizer was also pretty simple and only took about 20 minutes. Here is how we made it:
- First take out the glass and backing to the picture frame holder.
- Pre-mark where you want to lay your ribbon so that there is an even amount of space between them.
- Cut your ribbon to match the length of the inside of your picture frame. We cut out five (5) strips.
- Using a hot glue gun, place a small amount of glue on the pre-marked picture frame and then firmly press one end of the ribbon in the glue. Repeat on the other side, making sure that the ribbon is tight and straight. Continue adding all your ribbon to the frame.
- Cut two (2) longer strips of ribbon and hot glue each piece to each top corner of the picture frame.
- We also created five (5) loops of ribbon for headbands and two (2) larger strips with velcro for her larger pony tail holders.